||Frequently asked questions
Do you support SSL (HTTPS) for web?
Yes. SSL is a technology enabling encryption of the content transferred between the web server and the web browser. Among other things, SSL is used for secure transfer of credit card details on the net. If you want to offer online payment on your web pages, you should employ SSL.
You can use SSL with us in the following way:
1. At https://www-example-com.secure.domeneshop.no/
This is the easiest and quickest way to enable SSL for your webhotel, and is well suited for e.g. Facebook apps.
If your domainname is
www.example.com, the URL will be as in the headline,
This solution is free of charge for webhotel medium and greater, since you do not need a separate SSL certificate. Contact us if you want to set this up.
2. Directly at https://www.example.com/
If you want SSL directly with your own domain name (
https://www.example.com/), then the procedure is as follows. Please note that this may take several days.
- You need web hotel Medium or larger. We do not charge any additional fees.
- Let us know if you want your SSL certificate for something other than
www.+your domain name.
- Also tell us the following for use with the certificate, and specify if they differ from the domain owner's info:
Any other contact information is unnecessary, the certificate does not need street/postal addresses or names.
- Company name (website owner)
- Locality/city and country
- E-mail address
- We'll create a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) for you.
- You then send the CSR to a certificate authority (CA), and make sure to note that the server type is Apache/mod_ssl. When ordering, most vendors will let you specify whether your certificate will work both with and without "www". We recommend SSL certificates from Comodo, either of these depending on your needs and finances:
- The certificate authority will send you a so-called CA bundle and a certificate, usually in the form of a zip file, e.g.
www_mittnavn_no.zip. Send this to us.
- Please do not send us the certificate as pasted or forwarded text.
- We'll set up a dedicated IP address for your web hotel.
- We'll install the certificate on our server, and let you know when it's ready.
Remember to renew your certificate before it expires, and send the new certificate file to us. You may reuse the CSR you originally received from us.